30 March 2017

Tricyrtis macranthopsis Added to the Collection

Today I received another plant delivery. This one included an eagerly anticipated addition to my collection: Tricyrtis macranthopsis. Sadly they have got a bit squashed during their transit but otherwise in good condition. The foliage looks very bright green, usually a sign when plants have been grown in polytunnels - the extra shelter encouraging soft fresh growth. But as I am unfamiliar with this particular species time will tell whether they always shoot this brightly in spring. Again I am incredibly excited to see this one growing in my own garden from now on.

Tricyrtis macranthopsis


Tricyrtis macranthopsis


Below shows an overview of my collection so far. Yes, yes... still not that impressive but we are getting there.
So there are Tricyrtis ohsumiensis, Tricyrtis macranthopsis and Tricyrtis formosana now. I am still waiting for my big Tricyrtis plant order to arrive. Haven't heard from the nursery, perhaps I ought to chase them up...

My Tricyrtis collection as of March 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment